Friday 1 February 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Herran and Vladimir Viktorovich Aksyonov in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz 22.
The Scarlet Pimpernel, directed by Harold Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Time Out of Mind by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1935!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1935 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Christian Herran: American film producer who publicly announced that he had AIDS on a PBS special in 5/1988.
- Vladimir Viktorovich Aksyonov in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz 22: T-2).
- Ruth Clarke: Moderator (General Assembly of the United Reform Church).
- René Duhamel: French champion rower.
- Rene Duhamel: France sport Champion.
- 1st March of Time newsreel premieres at the Capitol
- James T Farrell finishes his Studs Lonigan trilogy
- First "March of Time" newsreel premieres at the Capitol, Washington, D.C.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?