Wednesday 27 February 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mirella Freni and Pierre Pican.
The Whole Town's Talking, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 27 February 1935
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 27 February 1935. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1935!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1935 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Mirella Freni: Italian opera singer, a lyric soprano.
- Pierre Pican: French Roman Catholic clergyman.
- Alberto Remedios: Opera / concert singer.
- Mirella Freni in Modena: Italy; lyric soprano ("Madame Butterfly").
- Brian Heap: English biologist and academic.
- Uri Shulevitz: American author and illustrator.