Sunday January 01, 1984, NewYear’s Day
US date format: 1/1/1984, UK date format: 1/1/1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 1, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Alex McKenna and Sayali Bhagat.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Like A Virgin by Madonna.
Blue Thunder, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Weaker Vessel by Antonia Fraser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fynbos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Cruiser or All or Nothing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 01, 1984?
- New York City transit fare rises from 75 cents to 90 cents
- The Sultanate of Brunei becomes independent of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- The original American Telephone & Telegraph Company is divested of its 22 Bell System companies as a result of the settlement of the 1974 United States Department of Justice antitrust suit against AT&T.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 01, 1984?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Sport Games on January 01, 1984
- Los Angeles Rams - Washington Redskins : 7 - 51
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Los Angeles Raiders : 10 - 38
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 01If January 01, 1984 is your birthday you're 36 years, 8 months, 25 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 6 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?