Saturday 14 January 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Slater and Mia Martina.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Say Say Say by Paul McCartney.
In UK Pipes Of Peace by Paul McCartney was in the top 5 hits.
Talk to Me, directed by Julius Potocsny, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Megatrends by John Naisbitt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Codename MAT or Brain Strainers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1984
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1984!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1984 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Mia Martina: Pop Singer.
- Chris Slater: Soccer Player.
- Erick Aybar: Professional baseball player.
- Erika Matsuo: Japanese violinist.
- Fred Matua: American football player (d. 2012).
- Ray Kroc: American entrepreneur of the fast food business who opened his first McDonald's hamburger store in Des Plaines, IL in 1955, after working as a multi-mixer salesman for 17 years.
- Paul Ben Haim: Composer, dies at 86.
- Mary Zeldenrust-Noordanus: Dutch sexuologist (Dutch Society for Sexual Reformation-NVSH), dies at age 55.
- Madonna 1st sings Holiday on American Bandstand
- Ray Kroc, founder of MacDonalds/owner San Diego Padres, dies at age 82 (born 1902).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1984?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
- Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
- Olivia Newton-John - Twist Of Fate
- The Romantics - Talking In Your Sleep
- Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
- Elton John - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues
- Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
- Lionel Richie - Running With The Night
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kool & The Gang - Joanna
- Patti LaBelle - If Only You Knew
- Shannon - Let The Music Play
- Debarge - Time Will Reveal
- Baby, I'm Hooked (Right Into Your Love) - ConFunkShun
- Paul McCartney And Michael Jackson - Say Say Say
- Twilight 22 - Electric Kingdom
- Atlantic Starr - Touch A Four Leaf Clover
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Luther Vandross - I'll Let You Slide
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?