Saturday 1 January 1983, NewYear’s Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Corinne Coman and Melaine Walker.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Maneater by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Save Your Love by Renee & Renato was in the top 5 hits.
Xtro, directed by Harry Bromley Davenport, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Crossings by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching No Problem!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jumpman or Enchanter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1983!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 January 1983 ?
- Corinne Coman
- Melaine Walker: Jamaican hurdler.
- Dana DeLorenzo
- Thomas Morrison: English actor.
- Park Sung-Hyun: South Korean Olympic archer.
- Jona Weinhofen: Guitarist.
- Calum Davenport: English footballer.
- Jasmine Dustin: American actress and model.
- Ali Bastian: English actress and model.
- Penn State beats Georgia in Sugar Bowl for college football title
- World Communications Year begins
- The ARPANET officially changes to using the Internet Protocol, creating the Internet.
- PGA inaugurates all-exempt tour.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?