Wednesday 31 October 1973, Halloween
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fiona Smith and Ross Verba.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Midnight Train To Georgia by Gladys Knight and the Pips.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Horror Express, directed by Gene Martin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tommy Cooper Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1973!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1973 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Fiona Smith: Ice hockey defenseman (Canada, Olympics - 1998).
- Ross Verba: NFL tackle (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Grigorios Georgatos: Greek footballer.
- Paul Abrahams: English footballer and coach.
- Christopher Bevins: American voice actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Tim Byrdak: American baseball player
- David Dellucci: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Beverly Lynne: American porn actress and producer
- Arzum Onan: Turkish model and actress Miss Europe 1993
- Malek Bennabi: Algerian thinker (Born 1905).
- Tom Seaver wins NL Cy Young Award
- Mountjoy Prison helicopter escape. Three Provisional Irish Republican Army members escape from Mountjoy Prison, Dublin, Republic of Ireland aboard a hijacked helicopter that lands in the exercise yard.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Billy Preston - Space Race
- Garfunkel - All I Know
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?