Saturday 1 June 1991
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tyrone Roberts .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Don't Wanna Cry by Mariah Carey.
In UK The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) by Cher was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, directed by Stephen Herek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Loves Music, Loves To Dance by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kummeli.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge or Choplifter II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1991!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1991 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- David Ruffin: Mississippi, United States -- Vocalist (Temptations-Papa Was a Rolling Stone).
- Mount Pinatubo (Philippines) erupts for 1st time in 600 years
- Roseanne Arnold and Tom Arnold wed again, they divorced later
- At the Consumer Electronics Show, Nintendo announces the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Super NES). The 16-bit system will use new game cartridges, and compact discs using a CD-ROM drive developed with Philips N.V.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1991
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - I Don't Wanna Cry
- Extreme - More Than Words
- Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up
- Michael Bolton - Love Is A Wonderful Thing
- Paula Abdul - Rush Rush
- Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
- Cathy Dennis - Touch Me (All Night Long)
- Queensryche - Silent Lucidity
- Rod Stewart - Rhythm Of My Heart
Top #5 songs in the UK
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?