Monday 1 June 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Public Enemies, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ross Kemp in Search of Pirates.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anno 1404 or Company of Heroes Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 1 June 2009 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 June
- New USA requirement goes into effect for passports or other approved identification to be shown at all entry points.
- American car-maker General Motors files for bankruptcy, the third-largest in U.S. history and the largest ever in U.S. manufacturing. The U.S. government will provide US$30 billion of additional taxpayer funds to restructure.
- General Motors files for chapter 11 bankruptcy. It is the fourth largest United States bankruptcy in history.
- Mauricio Funes is inaugurated as President of El Salvador. (Al Jazeera)
- The Central Bank of Nicaragua introduces new 100 and 200 Córdoba banknotes. (TIME)
- The United States Congressional Research Service reports that China is aiding the development of Pakistan's program of nuclear weaponry. (''The Times of India'')
- General Motors files for bankruptcy under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. (''Detroit Free Press'')
- The Taliban kidnaps approximately 400 people in North-West Frontier Province, Pakistan. (RTÉ)
- More than 40,000 females compete in the Women's Mini Marathon in Dublin, Ireland. ''(The Irish Times)''
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta refuses to release British hostage Matthew Maguire. (BBC)
- A man kills one soldier and injures another at a military recruitment center in Little Rock, Arkansas. (AP)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Boyfriend #2 - Pleasure P
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite
- Turn My Swag On - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Jennifer Hudson - If This Isn't Love
- sobeautiful - Musiq Soulchild
Top #10 Latin songs
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Makano - Te Amo
- El Trono de Mexico - Almas Gemelas
- Que Te Queria - La Quinta Estacion
- Patrulla 81 - Quiereme Mas
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Por Un Segundo - Aventura
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Wi-Fi signals and cell towers help iPhones and other devices using Skyhook Wireless to figure out where they are. [..]
Hearst’s magazines have held steady in circulation, and their ad pages fell about half as much last year as the industry average. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $43.15
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $50.64
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $53.49
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $34.80
- 1 CHF = 6.3742 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.2529 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9807 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.52 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?