Monday 16 September 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Debarge and Murray Gell-Mann.
Diary of a Lost Girl, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1929 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Marcel Debarge
- Murray Gell-Mann: Physicist.
- Dale E Kildee: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1977- ).
- Clara Crispo: Italy Actor.
- Police shoots at strikers at Maastricht, 2 killed