Saturday 31 August 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 31, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Williams and Alan Jay Lerner.
Shifting Sands, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1918 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Ted Williams: Athlete.
- Alan Jay Lerner: Lyricist composer (Lerner & Loewe-My Fair Lady).
- Lucrecia Roces Kasilag: Composer.
- Alan Lerner: American songwriter and composer (d. 1986).
- Joe English: Irish / Flemish signaler (WWI), dies at 36.
- Boston Red Sox, win earliest AL pennent ever (season ended September 2)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Put the Germ in Germany - Nora Bayes
- When You Come Home - Henry Burr