Thursday April 01, 2004
US date format: 4/1/2004, UK date format: 1/4/2004
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see zodiac on April 1, 2004). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Yeah! by Usher.
In UK Cha Cha Slide by DJ Casper was in the top 5 hits.
Roma, directed by Adolfo Aristarain, was one of the most viewed movie released in 2004
while American Dynasty by Kevin Phillips was one of the best selling book.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Breakdown or Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 01, 2004?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- See more
- U.S. President George W. Bush signs the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, commonly known as Laci and Conner's Law, that states that an act of violence that leads to the death of a pregnant mother and her child can be counted as two offenses. (White House) (UPI)
- Faroese Prime Minister's Office announces that from then on the Prime Minister and the Prime Minister's Office would use a new version of the Faroese Coat of Arms. The colours were inspired from the Merkið (flag) and yellow/gold was added. The new Coat of Arms depicts a Ram on a blue shield ready to defend. It can be used by the Government Ministries and by Faroese embassies, but some still use older versions of the Coat of Arms.
- The Turkish Interior Ministry states that 41 members of the Revolutionary People's Liberation Party-Front (DHKP-C) are detained in synchronous operations in Turkey, Germany, Italy, Belgium, and the Netherlands. (Xinhua)
- Following a gun battle, in which Palestinians hiding in a World Health Organization psychiatric hospital, in Bethlehem, opened fire on Israeli troops outside who came to arrest them, 12 of the Palestinians, mostly known militants from al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades that make up part of Yasser Arafat's Fatah faction, are arrested. (Reuters) (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 01, 2004?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Paulina Rubio - Te Quise Tanto
- Ricky Martin - Y Todo Queda En Nada
- Marco Antonio Solis - Mas Que Tu Amigo
- Chayanne - Cuidarte El Alma
- Victor Manuelle - Tengo Ganas
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2004?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $41.90
- Apple AAPL: opens at $26.90
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $24.95
- General Electric GE: opens at $30.42
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $91.67
- 1 USD = 103.81 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3065 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2643 CHF
- 1 EUR = 128.17 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6659 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 01, 2004?
On April 01, 2004 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is April 01, 2004?
On April 01, 2004 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 01, 2004?
On April 01, 2004 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 01, 2004?
On April 01, 2004 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on April 01, 2004?
On April 01, 2004 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on April 01, 2004?
Famous people died on April 01, 2004 include, Nilo Soruco, Ioannis Kyrastas, Aaron Bank.
What was the number one song in April 01, 2004?
The number one song in the week of April 01, 2004 was Yeah! by Usher in US and Cha Cha Slide by DJ Casper in UK.
What were the top hits on April 01, 2004?
The top hits on April 01, 2004 were Yeah! by Usher, One Call Away by Chingy, Tipsy by J-Kwon in US and Cha Cha Slide by DJ Casper, Toxic by Britney Spears, Mysterious Girl by Peter Andre in UK.