Sunday 1 November 1942US date format: 11/1/1942, UK date format: 1/11/1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 1, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Flynt and Ralph Klein.
Road to Morocco, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1942 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Larry Flynt: American publisher and founder of a...
- Ralph Klein: Canadian politician, served as the 12th...
- Marcia Wallace in Creston: Iowa, USA; actress (Carol - Bob Newhart...
- David Ogden Stiers: Actor.
- Marcia Wallace: TV Actress.
- Michael Zaslow: American actor best known for his role...
- John M Spratt Jr: (Rep-D-South Carolina, 1983- ).
- Hugo Distler: German organist composer and conductor...
- 10th day of battle at El Alamein
- Vice-admiral Cunningham becomes British commander-in-chief
- John H Johnson publishes first issue of Negro Digest.
- Matanikau Offensive begins during the Guadalcanal Campaign and ends on November 4.
Sport Games on 1 November 1942
- Chicago Cardinals - Green Bay Packers : 24 - 55
- Cleveland Rams - Brooklyn Dodgers : 17 - 0
- Detroit Lions - Chicago Bears : 0 - 16
- Philadelphia Eagles - Washington Redskins : 27 - 30
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dearly Beloved - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra