Monday 1 November 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James J Kilpatrick and James Kilpatrick.
Erotikon, directed by Mauritz Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1920 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- James J Kilpatrick: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Columnist (60 Minutes).
- James Kilpatrick: American journalist and author (d. 2010).
- Ted Lowe: English snooker commentator (Born 1920).
- Warren Harding elected 29th President
- American Fishing Schooner Esperanto defeats the Canadian Fishing Schooner Delawana in the First International Fishing Schooner Championship Races in Halifax.