Tuesday 6 January 1914, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Thomas and Arnold Richardson.
Traffic in Souls, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1914 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Danny Thomas: Deerfield, Michigan -- Comedian ( Show).
- David Bruce: Kankakee, Illinois -- Actor (Harry-Beulah).
- Arnold Richardson: composer.
- Godfrey Edward Arnold: Austrian-born American otolaryngologist (d. 1989).
- Godfrey Arnold: Austrian-American physician and academic (d. 1989).
- Stock brokerage firm of Merrill Lynch founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- On the Old Fall River Line - Billy Murray
- My Wonderful Dream Girl - John Barnes Wells
- I'll Sing Thee Songs of Araby - John McCormack