Wednesday 1 November 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
The Dead Girl, directed by Karen Moncrieff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Short Straw by Stuart Woods was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Horrid Henry.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DarkOrbit or Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 1 November 2006 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 November
- The Stardust Resort & Casino closes after 48 years of business in Las Vegas.
- 67 die and about 300,000 people are affected by floods in Ethiopia's Somali Region of Ogaden after the Shabelle River bursts its banks. (Angola Press)
- The UN Security Council votes unanimously to extend the mandate of Côte d'Ivoire's transitional government by one year, granting its Interim Prime Minister Charles Konan Banny sweeping powers over security forces. UNSC deadline for Elections, originally set for November 2006, was delayed to November 2007. (AP)
- Arab League-sponsored talks between the Somali transitional government and the Islamic Court Union are postponed indefinitely after the latter seek a delay. A Somali Minister says that war appears likely. (Reuters)
- Bolivian President Evo Morales retracts plans to nationalize the country's mining industry, promising to do so at an unspecified later date. (UPI)
- Venezuela and Guatemala have agreed to withdraw from the race for a seat on the United Nations Security Council both agreeing to support Panama after 47 rounds of voting. (The Canadian Press)
- White House Press Secretary Tony Snow said in a statement that ampquotWe are therefore increasingly concerned by mounting evidence that the Syrian and Iranian governments, Hezbollah, and their Lebanese allies are preparing plans to topple Lebanon's democratically elected government,ampquot and that ampquotWe're making it clear to everybody in the region that we think that there ought to be hands off the ampnowikiampPrime Minister Fouadamp/nowikiamp Siniora government let them go about and do
- The Swedish Ro-Ro ship M/S ''Finnbirch'' sinks in a blizzard in the Baltic Sea, killing two of its fourteen crew members. The vessel had some 260 tons of fuel and lubrication oil onboard which might present a hazard to the environment. (CNN)
- Turkish archaeologist Muazzez Ilmiye Cig is acquitted of inciting religious hatred a charge made after she published a book stating that the Muslim headscarf originated in the clothing of Sumerian priestesses who initiated young men into sex. (BBC News)
- The Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) attack a rural police command in Colombia, killing at least 16 officers as part of a two-week offensive. President Álvaro Uribe had earlier withdrawn from negotiations. (Reuters)
- The government of Uganda and the Lord's Resistance Army rebels sign a second truce as negotiations restart in Juba, Sudan. (IRIN)
- The Prime Minister of Fiji Laisenia Qarase reportedly meets with his security chiefs this morning after yesterday trying to sack Fiji's military commander Frank Bainimarama. Alexander Downer, the Foreign Minister of Australia, has raised concerns about a coup. (ABC News Australia)
- The World Confederation of Labour and the International Confederation of Free Trade Unions merge to form the International Trade Union Confederation. (International Herald Tribune)
- Typhoon Paeng (Cimaron) kills at least 19 people, displaces some 65,000 families and damages more than 3,000 houses as it moves across Luzon. (Sun.Star)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 November 2006
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Derby - Barnsley : 2 - 1
- Southampton - Wolves : 2 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Cesena - Triestina : 0 - 1
- Frosinone - Lecce : 2 - 1
- Juventus - Brescia : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Say Goodbye - Chris Brown
- Money Maker - Ludacris Featuring Pharrell
- Beyonce - Ring The Alarm
- Mary J. Blige - Take Me As I Am
- JAY-Z - Show Me What You Got
- Unk - Walk It Out
- S.E.X. - Lyfe Jennings
- Birdman & Lil Wayne - Stuntin' Like My Daddy
- Shortie Like Mine - Bow Wow Featuring Chris Brown & Johnta Austin
- Pullin' Me Back - Chingy Featuring Tyrese
Top #10 Latin songs
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Quien Me Iba A Decir - David Bisbal
- Tengo Un Amor - Toby Love Featuring Rakim & Ken-Y
- Desilusioname - Olga Tanon
- Ni Una Sola Palabra - Paulina Rubio
- A La Primera Persona - Alejandro Sanz
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Noche De Entierro (Nuestro Amor) - Los Benjamins Featuring Wisin & Yandel, Daddy Yankee, Hector "El Father" & Zion
- Mana - Labios Compartidos
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?