Friday 1 August 1902
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ruth Evelyn Mansfield and Hendrik J Kruls.
Reproduction, Coronation Ceremonies: King Edward VII, directed by Georges Méliès, Charles Urban, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1902!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1902 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Hendrik J Kruls: Netherlands -- General / chief military authority (1944-46).
- Ruth Evelyn Mansfield: Doctor.
- Hendrik Kruls: Dutch general/chief military authority (1944-46), dies at age 73.
- Andre Berry: France Writer.
- Suzanne Lambin: Nantes physician.
- Ludwig Beckmann: Painter.
- Building begins on Dutch public housing
- Mine accident in Wollongong, Australia (100 die)
- The United States buys the rights to the Panama Canal from France.