Tuesday 1 September 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antonio Lobo Antunes and C[arolyn] J[anice] Cherry.
Manila Calling, directed by Herbert I. Leeds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1942 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Antonio Lobo Antunes
- C[arolyn] J[anice] Cherry: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Faded Sun Trilogy).
- C J Cherryh: American writer.
- C Cherryh: American author and educator.
- Fed judge upholds detention of Japanese-Americans
- German troops land on Taman peninsula