Tuesday 1 September 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julien Delbecque .
Tôkyôza katsudô daishashin, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
while Lady Rose's Daughter by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1903 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Julien Delbecque: Belgium sport Champion.
- Charles Renouvier: French philosopher, a leading exponent of neo-critical modification of Kantianism, convinced that progress was not inevitable.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?