Tuesday September 01, 1903
US date format: 9/1/1903, UK date format: 1/9/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 1, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Julien Delbecque and Arthur Godfrey.
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, directed by Laetitia Colombani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 01, 1903?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- See more
- Charles Renouvier: French philosopher, a leading exponent...
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 01, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry Macdonough & Joe Belmont - Beautiful Bird, Sing On
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Hurrah for Baffin's Bay
- William H. Thompson - The Rosary