Tuesday 1 September 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Godfrey and Julien Delbecque.
A Chess Dispute, directed by Robert W. Paul, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1903!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1903 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
Famous Birthdays:01 September
- Charles Renouvier: French philosopher, a leading exponent of neo-critical modification of Kantianism, convinced that progress was not inevitable.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Rosary - William H. Thompson
- Hurrah for Baffin's Bay - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Beautiful Bird, Sing On - Harry Macdonough & Joe Belmont