Thursday 2 December 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Luc Bennahmias and Huub Stapel.
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Bridges at Toko-Ri, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Galerie der großen Detektive.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 December 1954 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Jean-Luc Bennahmias
- Huub Stapel: Dutch actor (Amsterdamned, Attic: Hiding of Anne Frank).
- Stone Phillips: American television journalist.
- Danielle Alexander in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; country music pianist.
- Dan Butler: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Hit the Trail opens at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC for 4 performances
- Frank Selvy of Milwaukee sets then NBA record of 24 of 26 free throws.
- Red Scare: The United States Senate votes 65 to 22 to condemn Joseph McCarthy for ''conduct that tends to bring the Senate into dishonor and disrepute''.
- The Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty, between the United States and the Republic of China, is signed in Washington, D.C..
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?