Sunday December 2, 1984
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 2, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Candice Pascal and Action Bronson.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!.
In UK Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid was in the top 5 hits.
Dune, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Loving Each Other by Leo Buscaglia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pogo 1104.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pac-Land or Duck Hunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 December 1984
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1984!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1984 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Candice Pascal: French professional dancer.
- Action Bronson
- Dimitri Dragin
- Peter Mate: Hungarian footballer.
- Péter Máté: Hungarian footballer.
- 4th meeting of Giants-Jets, Giants even series at 2 with 20-10 win
- Bob Holland takes 9-83 for New South Wales against South Australia, Sydney Cricket Ground.
- Bhopal Disaster: A methyl isocyanate leak from a Union Carbide pesticide plant in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India, kills more than 8,000 people outright and injures over half a million (with more later dying from their injuries the death toll is now 23,000+) in the worst industrial disaster in history.
- British Telecom is privatised.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 December 1984
- Cincinnati Bengals - Cleveland Browns : 20 - 17
- Dallas Cowboys - Philadelphia Eagles : 26 - 10
- Denver Broncos - Kansas City Chiefs : 13 - 16
- Detroit Lions - Seattle Seahawks : 17 - 38
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Out Of Touch
- Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
- Prince - Purple Rain
- Tina Turner - Better Be Good To Me
- Cyndi Lauper - All Through The Night
- Duran Duran - Wild Boys
- Lionel Richie - Penny Lover
- Sheena Easton - Strut
- Paul McCartney - No More Lonely Nights
Top #10 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?