Monday 13 December 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Anderson in Apopka and Tamora Pierce.
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
There's No Business Like Show Business, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Galerie der großen Detektive.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1954 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- John Anderson in Apopka: Florida, USA; country singer/actor (Lone Wolf McQuade).
- Tamora Pierce: American author.
- Dolores Della-Penna: American murder victim, ritual killing victim.
- John Anderson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Steve Forbert: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Harsh Vardhan: Indian otolaryngologist and politician Indian Minister of Science and Technology
- John Raymond Hubbell: American writer (Born 1879).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 December 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?