Sunday 9 December 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Adam and Ángel Guirado.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Out Of Touch by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid was in the top 5 hits.
Starman, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Illusions Of Love by Cynthia Freeman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pogo 1104.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventure Construction Set or Bird Mother.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1984
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1984!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1984 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Michael Adam: German politician.
- Ángel Guirado: Spanish Filipino footballer.
- Leon Hall: American football player.
- Razzle: English drummer (Hanoi Rocks) (Born 1960).
- 6 day hijack of Kuwaiti jet ends
- LA Ram Eric Dickerson rushes 215 yards for season record 2,003 yards
- Vicki Alvarez / Mike McDonald wins LPGA J C Penney Golf Classic
- Iranian commandos end six-day capture of Kuwaiti plane.
- Great Britain performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- 59th Australian Women's Tennis: Chris Evert beats H Sukova (6-7, 6-1, 6-3).
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 December 1984
- Atlanta Falcons - Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 6 - 23
- Cincinnati Bengals - New Orleans Saints : 24 - 21
- Cleveland Browns - Pittsburgh Steelers : 20 - 23
- Green Bay Packers - Chicago Bears : 20 - 14
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Out Of Touch
- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Chaka Khan - I Feel For You
- Duran Duran - Wild Boys
- Cyndi Lauper - All Through The Night
- Paul McCartney - No More Lonely Nights
- The Honeydrippers - Sea Of Love
- Lionel Richie - Penny Lover
- New Edition - Cool It Now
- Pat Benatar - We Belong
Top #10 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?