Monday December 24, 1984, Christmas Eve
US date format: 12/24/1984, UK date format: 24/12/1984
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 24, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Burak Özcivit and Samy Dayot.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Like A Virgin by Madonna.
Fatal Games, directed by Michael Elliot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Weaker Vessel by Antonia Fraser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drei reizende Schwestern.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bouncing Babies or Binary Land.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 24, 1984?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Palace coup in Mauritania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 24, 1984?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next December 24If December 24, 1984 is your birthday you're 35 years, 8 months, 27 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 4 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?