Saturday 2 December 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Wanna Love You by Akon.
In UK Put Your Hands Up For Detroit by Fedde Le Grande was in the top 5 hits.
Smokin' Aces, directed by Joe Carnahan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Wild Fire by Nelson Demille was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atsumare! Power Pro Kun no DS Koushien or Death Jr. II: Root of Evil.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 2 December 2006 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 December
- Mariska Veres: Dutch singer (Shocking Blue) (Born 1947).
- Protestors begin their second day of demonstrations in their bid to convince the current Lebanese administration to step down. (BBC)
- Leaked Pentagon memo by United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld says US policy in Iraq is ampquotnot working well enough or fast enough.ampquot (The New York Times)
- Iraqi insurgency: At least 50 people are killed by three car bombs exploding in Baghdad. (BBC)
- Bahrainis go to the polls today in the second round of voting in the Kingdom's parliamentary elections. (BBC)
- Rescuers in the Philippines continue to look for survivors of Typhoon Durian. (ABC News Australia)
- London police are examining whether the killers of Alexander Litvinenko also tried to poison Mario Scaramella, an Italian security expert who met the Russian exile on the day that he fell ill. (The Times)
- War in Chad (2005–present)/Darfur conflict: Chadian rebels have attacked the eastern town of Guéréda, neighbouring Sudan's war-torn Darfur region. (BBC)
- Police and aid workers recover more than 100 bodies from Malakal in south Sudan resulting from fighting between former rebels and Government forces. (AP via CBS News)
- As Kazakhstan begins its nuclear program the Japanese Government sends a delegation to make sure nuclear materials are not susceptible to theft by Kazakh terrorists. (Japan Today)
- Fijian military commander Frank Bainimarama announces that he has taken control of Fiji. (NZ Herald)
- Ed Stelmach is elected leader of the Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta and will become the next premier of Alberta, replacing outgoing leader Ralph Klein and defeating competitors Jim Dinning and Ted Morton. (CBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 December 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Inter - Siena : 2 - 0
- Roma - Atalanta : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Germinal : 1 - 2
- FC Brussels - Charleroi : 0 - 2
- Genk - Lokeren : 1 - 0
- Gent - St Truiden : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - M'gladbach : 1 - 1
- Bielefeld - Leverkusen : 0 - 0
- Bochum - Hamburg : 2 - 1
- Cottbus - Hannover : 0 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Ath Madrid : 0 - 1
- Levante - Barcelona : 1 - 1
- Recreativo - Valencia : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?