Wednesday 2 January 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
P.S. I Love You, directed by Richard LaGravenese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passport to Explore.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 12Riven: The Psi-Climinal of Integral or Bratz Super Babiezzzz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 2 January 2008 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 January
- Price of crude oil in the USA reaches US$100 per barrel for the first time.
- The price of petroleum hits $100 per barrel for the first time.
- Crude oil prices surge past $100 a barrel briefly in trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. (AP via Yahoo! Finance)
- Clashes in Kenya (2007-present):
- Both sides in Kenya's disputed election accuse the other of violence as diplomatic efforts intensify to defuse the country's political crisis. (BBC News)
- Technip is awarded a $1.2 billion contract to develop the Pazflor oil deposit in Angola. Acergy is awarded a $700 million contract to assist in petroleum production at Pazflor. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 January 2008
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Hamilton - Queen of Sth : 1 - 0
- Livingston - Dunfermline : 0 - 2
- Partick - Clyde : 1 - 1
- Stirling - Morton : 1 - 2
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Airdrie Utd - Queens Park : 3 - 2
- Alloa - Brechin : 0 - 4
- Ayr - Berwick : 4 - 0
- Cowdenbeath - Raith Rvs : 1 - 4
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Dumbarton - Albion Rvs : 2 - 0
- East Fife - Stranraer : 2 - 1
- Forfar - Elgin : 0 - 1
- Montrose - Arbroath : 5 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Port Vale : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?