Friday 25 January 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Rambo, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Choice by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beyond the Darklands.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Active Life: Outdoor Challenge or Catching Features.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 25 January 2008 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 January
- In Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino is evacuated due to a fire which engulfed parts of the upper floors, facade and roof before being brought under control.
- In the USA, Spike TV debuts the GameTrailers TV series, airing trailers, industry news, interviews, and more.
- China's worst snowstorm since 1954 kills 133, delays traffic, and causes massive power outages in central and southern parts of the country.
- President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez accuses Colombia of preparing a ampquotmilitary aggression against Venezuelaampquot. (AP via Google News)
- United States Secretary of Defense Robert Gates says the U.S. is ampquotready and willingampquot to send troops to Pakistan to combat al-Qaeda and the Taliban. (CBS)
- Iraq War: Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki claims al-Qaeda in Iraq has been pushed out of most of the nation, and Iraqi security forces are preparing a ampquotdecisiveampquot offensive against the group in Mosul, their last stronghold, in response to attacks in the city that have killed around 40 people, including the area's police chief. (Reuters)
- Power shortages cause South African mines to suspend production. (BBC News)
- Semion Mogilevich, an organised crime boss with ties to the Russian Mafia, is detained in Moscow. (AP via Google)
- An explosion in a Beirut suburb (Hazmiyeh) kills Lebanon's top anti-terror investigating officer and his driver. (AFP via Yahoo!)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 January 2008
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Waregem - Cercle Brugge : 0 - 3
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Angers : 1 - 1
- Boulogne - Guingamp : 0 - 2
- Brest - Clermont : 1 - 1
- Dijon - Sedan : 1 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Carlisle : 1 - 0
- Doncaster - Swansea : 0 - 4
- Northampton - Leyton Orient : 2 - 0
- Willem II - AZ Alkmaar : 3 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?