Sunday 13 January 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Funny Games, directed by Michael Haneke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Darkest Evening Of The Year by Dean Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Breaking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AdventureQuest Worlds or Atlantica Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 13 January 2008 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 January
- In Beverly Hills, California, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announces winners of the Golden Globe Awards at a press conference. The usual three-hour broadcast was scrapped due to threats of strikers and a boycott.
- In the USA, Fox airs the debut of the TV show Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
- ''Atonement'' wins the Golden Globe for Best Motion Picture - Drama at the 65th Golden Globe Awards. ''Sweeney Todd'' wins the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy. (AP via Google News)
- Floods in Mozambique kill 50 people, lead to the evacuation of 30,000 and make 72,000 homeless. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- A team of researchers from the University of Minnesota announce the creation of a beating rat heart using cells from the heart of newborn rats and a heart structure from a dead rat. (''The New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 January 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Roma : 1 - 2
- Cagliari - Udinese : 0 - 1
- Lazio - Genoa : 1 - 2
- Milan - Napoli : 5 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Almeria - Espanol : 1 - 0
- Ath Madrid - Valencia : 1 - 0
- Betis - Getafe : 3 - 2
- Levante - Real Madrid : 0 - 2
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Poli Ejido : 2 - 0
- Ferrol - Cordoba : 0 - 1
- Gimnastic - Tenerife : 1 - 1
- Hercules - Elche : 0 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Paris SG - Lens : 3 - 0
- Rennes - Marseille : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?