Sunday 6 January 2008, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK When You Believe by Leon Jackson was in the top 5 hits.
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, directed by Uwe Boll, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Chase by Clive Cussler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passport to Explore.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Coded Soul: Uketsugareshi Idea or Tetris Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 2008 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 January
- Greece is hit by an earthquake with a magnitude of 6.5. The epicenter is 70 km (43 miles) below Leonidio. There were no reports of casualties or serious damage. (RTÉ)
- Five armed Iranian boats confront three U.S. Navy warships in international waters near the Strait of Hormuz. (''The International Herald Tribune'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 January 2008
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Getafe - Valladolid : 0 - 3
- La Coruna - Ath Madrid : 0 - 3
- Murcia - Osasuna : 2 - 0
- Real Madrid - Zaragoza : 2 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alaves - Ferrol : 1 - 0
- Cordoba - Sp Gijon : 2 - 2
- Granada 74 - Gimnastic : 1 - 0
- Hercules - Sevilla B : 1 - 2
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Asteras Tripolis - AEK : 2 - 1
- Atromitos - Panionios : 0 - 2
- OFI - Aris : 0 - 1
- Panathinaikos - Kalamaria : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Est Amadora - Guimaraes : 4 - 1
- Maritimo - Leixoes : 2 - 1
- Pacos Ferreira - Leiria : 2 - 1
- Porto - Naval : 1 - 0
Celebrate 6 January 2008 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?