Tuesday October 2, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nichole Lee and Samantha Barks.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Close To You by Maxi Priest.
In UK Show Me Heaven by Maria McKee was in the top 5 hits.
Mr. Destiny, directed by James Orr, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while You Just Don'T Understand by Deborah Tannen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Going Places.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 1941: Counter Attack or Balloon Kid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1990!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1990 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Nichole Lee: YouTube Star.
- Samantha Barks: Manx singer and actress.
- Dean Bouzanis: Australian footballer.
- Michael Feinstein in Concert - opens at Golden NYC for 30 performances
- Allies cede any remaining rights as occupiers of Germany
- Chinese plane explodes, about 100 die
- US Senate votes 90-9 to confirm David Souter to the Supreme Court.
- Xiamen Airlines Flight 8301 is hijacked; after landing at Guangzhou, it crashes into two airliners on the ground, killing 132 people.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- James Ingram - I Don't Have The Heart
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
- Paul Young - Oh Girl
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Completamente Enamorados - Chayanne
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Dimelo - Daniela Romo
- Porque Tu Eres La Reina - Rudy La Scala
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?