Sunday 3 April 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aleksandr Nikolayevich Yablontsev and Mick Mars [Bob Allen Dale] in Terra Haute.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
The Purple Plain, directed by Robert Parrish, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Flamingo Feather by Laurens Van Der Post was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Science Fiction Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1955 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Aleksandr Nikolayevich Yablontsev: Russian Lieutenant Colonel / Cosmonaut.
- Mick Mars [Bob Allen Dale] in Terra Haute: Indiana, USA; guitarist (M�tley Crne - "Girls Girls").
- Hariharan : Indian singer (Colonial Cousins).
- John Mooney: American singer and bass player.
- Baltimore Orioles pull their first triple play (3-6-2 versus Kansas City Athletics).
- Night express train in Guadalajara, Mexico derails, killing 300.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA Oklahoma City Golf Open.
- Fire in cinema in Sclessin, Belgium, kills 39.
- The American Civil Liberties Union announces it will defend Allen Ginsberg's book Howl against obscenity charges.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?