Monday 25 April 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oslo (Norway) and Américo Gallego.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
Daddy Long Legs, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Healer by Frank G. Slaughter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Have a Heart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1955 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Américo Gallego: Argentinian footballer and coach.
- Oslo (Norway)
- Michael O'Keefe: Actor.
- Margaret Moran: Politician.
- John de Mol, Jr.: Businessman.
- John Nunn: British chess player.
- Jack Kingston: Politician.
- Christopher Tyng: American composer.
- Americo Gallego: Argentine footballer.
- Parviz Parastui: Iranian actor and singer.
- Zev Siegl: American businessman co-founded Starbucks.
- Joanne Abbott in Sarnia: Ontario, Canada; yachter (Olympics-1996).
- Buster Mottram: Tennis player.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?