Saturday 2 April 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Artuno and Michael Stone.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Revenge of the Creature, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while To The One I Love The Best by Ludwig Bemelmans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Science Fiction Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1955 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Bruno Artuno: French homicide: he killed his victim with the help of the man's wife; 1/06/1985.
- Michael Stone: English-Irish murderer.
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Tenley Albright.
- Pancho Gonzales retains tennis title by winning a tournament playing under table tennis rules.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?