Friday 15 April 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Barrow and Dodi Al-Fayed.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Marty, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damon Runyon Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1955 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Barbara Barrow: LPGA golfer.
- Dodi Al-Fayed: Egyptian businessman (d. 1997).
- Enith Salle: Brigitha in the Netherlands; 100 metre/200 metre swimmer (Olympics-bronze-1976).
- Dodi Fayed: Egyptian-born movie producer and lover of Princess Diana of Wales, killed with her in an automobile crash in Paris on August 31, 1997.
- Mark Damazer: English broadcaster and academic.
- Jeff Golub: American guitarist and songwriter (d. 2015)
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- McDonald's restaurant dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc, in Des Plaines, Illinois
- Middle East Treaty Organization (MENTO).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?