Monday 3 December 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Loyd and Holly Marie Combs.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Top Of The World by Carpenters.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Serpico, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Illustrated, Simplified and Painless Sunday School.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 3 December 1973 ?
- International Day of Disabled Persons - 
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Francis Xavier; also Saint Birinus
- Brian Loyd: Lynwood, California -- Baseball catcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Holly Marie Combs: American actress.
- Andrew McNally: Australian baseball pitcher (Olympics-1996).
- Super Crazy: Mexican professional wrestler.
- Holly Combs: TV Actress.
- Emile Christian: American trombonist and composer (d. 1973).
- Pioneer 10 passes Jupiter (1st fly-by of an outer planet) [Dec 4-GMT]
- Pioneer program: Pioneer 10 sends back the first close-up images of Jupiter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Chicago - Just You 'N' Me
- Ringo Starr - Photograph
- Billy Preston - Space Race
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - The Love I Lost (Part 1)
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 December 1973
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Miami Dolphins : 26 - 30
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?