Friday 28 December 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Garth John Da Silva in Auckland and Bobby Taylor.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce.
In UK I Love You Love Me Love by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Timothy Pilgrim.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1973!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1973 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Garth John Da Silva in Auckland: New Zealand; heavyweight boxer (Olympics-1996).
- Bobby Taylor: NFL cornerback (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Herborg Krakevik: Norwegian singer and actress.
- Seth Meyers: American actor.
- Holger Blume: German sprinter.
- Marc Blume: German sprinter
- Alex Dimitriades: Australian actor
- Herborg Kråkevik: Norwegian singer and actress
- Ids Postma: Dutch speed skater
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn publishes Gulag Archipelag
- Comet Kohoutek at perihelion.
- The Endangered Species Act is passed in the United States.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Charlie Rich - The Most Beautiful Girl
- Helen Reddy - Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress)
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?