Saturday 3 November 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julia Channel and Mick Thomson.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Midnight Train To Georgia by Gladys Knight and the Pips.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Malicious, directed by Salvatore Samperi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tommy Cooper Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 November 1973 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Julia Channel: French porn actress and singer.
- Mick Thomson: American guitarist (Slipknot).
- Sticky Fingaz: Rapper.
- Brian Clayton: American Ku Klux Klansman and a skinhead neo-Nazi; arrested July 1994 for attacks on blacks and on Jewish temples.
- Nemone : English radio and television host.
- Ben Fogle: TV personality, writer and broadcaster.
- Christian Picciolini: American businessman and manager.
- Derrick Alexander: NFL defensive end (Minn Vikings).
- Kirk Jones: American musician.
- Ryad Boulanouar: French-Algerian computer engineer, he created the "pass navigo" for the SNCF (national railways company) and worked for the electronic purse "moneo".
- Good Morning America premieres on ABC (David Hartman and Nancy Dussault)
- Mariner program: NASA launches the Mariner 10 toward Mercury. On March 29, 1974, it becomes the first space probe to reach that planet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Billy Preston - Space Race
- Garfunkel - All I Know
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?