Friday 3 January 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Smaïn (humorist) and James J Greco.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while A Death In The Family by James Agee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sie schreiben mit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 January 1958 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Smaïn (humorist)
- James J Greco: American businessman.
- Smaïn : French-Algerian humorist, stage and film actor.
- James Greco: American businessman.
- Shim Hyung-rae: South Korean actor director and producer.
- The West Indies Federation is formed.
- Lindsay Kline takes a hat-trick versus South Africa at Cape Town.
- Edmund Hillary reaches South Pole overland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?