Saturday 11 January 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lourdes Ann Kananimanu Estores and Vicki Peterson in Los Angeles.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching New York Philharmonic Young People's Concerts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1958 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Lourdes Ann Kananimanu Estores: Honolulu, Hawaii -- Playmate (Jun, 1982).
- Vicki Peterson in Los Angeles: California, USA; rock guitarist/vocalist (Bangles).
- Diego Leon Montoya Sanchez: Colombian organized crime figure.
- Alyson Reed: TV Actress.
- Diego Sánchez: Colombian drug lord.
- Vicki Peterson: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Bangles and Continental Drifters)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 January 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Ma He's Making Eyes At Me - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams
- Lord Rockingham's XI - Hoots Mon
- Lonnie Donegan - Tom Dooley
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- My Special Angel - Malcolm Vaughan
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra Starring Warren Covington - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Frank Sinatra - All The Way / Chicago
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?