Saturday 25 January 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dinah Manoff in New York City and Gary Brian Tibbs in London.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching New York Philharmonic Young People's Concerts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1958 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Dinah Manoff in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Elaine - Soap, Carol - Empty Nest).
- Gary Brian Tibbs in London: England; rock bassist (Adam and The Ants, Roxy Music - "Let's Stick Together").
- Harti Weirather: Austrian alpine skier.
- Kavita Krishnamurthy: Indian singer.
- Dinah Manoff: American actress and director.
- Franco Pancheri: Italian footballer and manager
- Gary Tibbs: English bass player and actor (Adam and the Ants The Vibrators and The Fixx)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 January 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?