Monday 13 January 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ricardo Acuna and Francisco Buyo.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Below The Salt by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching New York Philharmonic Young People's Concerts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1958 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Ricardo Acuna: in Chile; tennis star.
- Francisco Buyo: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Ton Chatinier: Dutch footballer and manager.
- US newspaper Daily Worker ceases publication.
- 9,000 scientists of 43 nations petition United Nations for nuclear test ban.
- The Moroccan Liberation Army ambushes a Spanish patrol in the Battle of Edchera.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?