Thursday January 03, 1957
US date format: 1/3/1957, UK date format: 3/1/1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 3, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Dicopoulos in Akron and Bojan Kriz??.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Between Heaven and Hell, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The New World by Winston S. Churchill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's Up to You.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in those months ?
Which were the important events of January 03, 1957?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- See more
- First electric watch introduced, in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA.
- The Hamilton Watch Company introduces the first electric watch.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957?
- Harry Belafonte - Mary's Boy Child
- Singing The Blues - Tommy Steele & The Steelmen
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Ma He's Making Eyes At Me - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams
- The Green Door - Frankie Vaughan
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Malcolm Vaughan - My Special Angel
- Paul Anka - I Love You Baby
- Just Walkin' In The Rain - Johnnie Ray
Top #10 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV series released in those months ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?