Thursday 23 January 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christophe Dechavanne and Laurent Boyer.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The White Witch by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching New York Philharmonic Young People's Concerts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 January 1958 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Christophe Dechavanne: French radio-TV host, TV actor, and program producer: director of Coyote Prods.
- Laurent Boyer: French radio and TV host, formerly literature teacher, he presented programs such as "Graines de star" and "Frequenstar" on M6 channel.
- Eric Metayer
- Eric Métayer: French stage and film actor, son of humourist Alex métayer, known for his talent of improvisation.
- Milena Sutter: Italian homicide victim whose body was fished out of the ocean a few days before Lorenzo Bozano was arrested on 5/09/1971.
- Sergey Litvinov: Russian hammer thrower.
- Lorraine Michaels: Canterbury, England -- Playmate (Apr, 1981).
- Marco Della Noce: Italian comedian, actor and cabaret artist.
- Nikolaos Georgantas: Greek discus thrower (Born 1880).
- Body Beautiful opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 60 performances
- Hanif Mohammad completes 337 in 970 minutes versus West Indies.
- Overthrow in Venezuela of Marcos Perez Jimenez
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?