Thursday 3 July 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 3, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Kleiber and Pete Fountain.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1930 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Carlos Kleiber: German-Austrian conductor (d. 2004).
- Pete Fountain: American jazz musician on clarinet and sax.
- Kinji Fukasaku
- Ferde Grofe Jr
- Albert Aboucassem: Egyptian astrologer, writer and lecturer.
- Ferde Grofe: American noted family, the son of the noted musician; went into film production and directing.
- Barbara G. Walker: Author.
- Tommy Tedesco: American guitarist (The Wrecking Crew) (d. 1997).
- Billy Howton: American football end who played 12 seasons in the National Football League (NFL) in the 1950s and early 1960s.
- Ahmad Jamal: Musician.
- Pete Fountain in New Orleans: USA; jazz clarinetist (Lawrence Welk Show 1957-59).
- Carlos Kleiber in Berlin: Germany; conductor (Bavarian State Orchestra 1968).
- Veterans Administration created