Saturday 3 July 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Irving and Julian Assange.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Two-Lane Blacktop, directed by Monte Hellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Guardians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 3 July 1971 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Terry Irving: NFL outside linebacker (Arizona Cardinals).
- Julian Assange: Australian whistleblower, with a background is in physics, mathematics and computer programming, best known for his work with WikiLeaks, an investigative journalism Internet-based organization whose mission it is to make public otherwise secret information.
- Eric Toledano: French film director, most known for the 2011 film 'The Untouchables', which he created jointly with Olivier Nakache.
- Yann Wehrling: French illustrator, politician, Democratic Movement member and former leader of the political party The Greens (January 2005 to December 2006).
- Diego Vasquez: Soccer Player.
- 85th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: J Newcombe beats S Smith (63 57 26 64 64)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 July 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?