Sunday 18 July 1976
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elsa Pataky and Valerie Cruz.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Lifeguard, directed by Daniel Petrie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while The Lonely Lady by Harold Robbins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Power Without Glory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Colossal Cave Adventure or Heavyweight Champ.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1976!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1976 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
Famous Birthdays:18 July
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA Borden Golf Classic
- Lucien van Impe wins Tour de France
- Stockhausens Sirius, premieres in New York City
- Nadia Comaneci became the first person in Olympic Games history to score a perfect 10 in gymnastics at the 1976 Summer Olympics.
- Nadia Comăneci earns the first of 7 perfect scores of 10 at the 1976 Summer Olympics.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
- More, More, More (Part 1) - Andrea True Connection
- Starbuck - Moonlight Feels Right
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- The Beach Boys - Rock And Roll Music
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?