Tuesday 6 July 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michelle Stanley and Nikki Mott.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Afternoon Delight by Starland Vocal Band.
In UK Combine Harvester by The Wurzels was in the top 5 hits.
They Came from Within, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Power Without Glory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing F-1 or Starship 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1976!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1976 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Michelle Stanley: Littleton, Colorado -- Miss America - Colorado (1997).
- Nikki Mott: Australian field hockey forward (1996 Olympics).
- Soyuz 21 carries two cosmonauts to Salyut 5 space station.
- The first class of women is inducted at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD.
- German left-wing terrorists Monika Berberich, Gabriella Rollnick, Juliane Plambeck and Inge Viett escape from the Lehrter Straße maximum security prison in West Berlin.
- David Steel becomes leader of the UK's Liberal Party in the aftermath of the scandal which forced out Jeremy Thorpe.
- Three British and 1 American mercenaries are shot by firing squad in Angola.
- An explosion in Seveso, Italy, causes extended pollution to a large area in the neighborhood of Milano, with many evacuations and a large number of people affected by the toxic cloud.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
- Captain and Tennille - Shop Around
- More, More, More (Part 1) - Andrea True Connection
- Wings - Silly Love Songs
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Sara Smile
- The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?