Tuesday 20 July 1976
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kyle Wentworth and Erica Hill.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Kiss And Say Goodbye by The Manhattans.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Lifeguard, directed by Daniel Petrie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Power Without Glory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barricade or Indy 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1976!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1976 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Kyle Wentworth: American teenager, known as a risk taker.
- Erica Hill: American news anchor.
- Debashish Mohanty: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Andrew Stockdale: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Wolfmother).
- Alex Yoong: Malaysian race car driver.
- Joseph Rochefort: American Naval officer and cryptanalyst (Born 1900).
- Last US troops leave Thailand
- US Viking 1 lands on Mars at Chryse Planitia, first Martian landing.
- Hank Aaron hits his last big league homer, his 755th and establishes the all-time major league record for career home runs.
- The American Viking 1 lander successfully lands on Mars.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 July 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
- The Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You
- Starbuck - Moonlight Feels Right
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
- Seals and Crofts - Get Closer
- The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life
- Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- The Beach Boys - Rock And Roll Music
- John Travolta - Let Her In
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?