Tuesday 3 July 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ludivine Sagnier and Elizabeth Hendrickson.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Ring My Bell by Anita Ward.
In UK Are 'Friends' Electric by Tubeway Army was in the top 5 hits.
The Wanderers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while How To Prosper During The Coming Bad Years by Howard J. Ruff was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sapphire & Steel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Attack or Asteroids.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 July 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 July 1979 ?
- National holiday in Belarus
- Feast day of Saint Thomas
- Start of the Dog Days
- Ludivine Sagnier: French actress and singer.
- Elizabeth Hendrickson
- Lauren Alviti: Miss Rhode Island Teen USA (1997).
- David Bacani: American baseball player.
- Jamie Grove: English cricketer.
- Louis Durey: French musician, a composer and member of "Les Six" for a time.
- U.S. President Jimmy Carter signs the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- David Naughton - Makin' It
- I Want You To Want Me (Live) - Cheap Trick
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?