Sunday 12 August 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hector Rodriguez and Charles E Brady Jr in Pinehurst.
A Place in the Sun, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1951 ?
- Hector Rodriguez: Cuba -- Lightweight judo (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Charles E Brady Jr in Pinehurst: North Carolina, USA; US Navy Commander/astronaut.
- Willie Horton: American murderer and rapist.
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA World Golf Championship
- ''The Catcher in the Rye'' is first published by J.D. Salinger.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 August 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya, Huh? - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?