Friday 3 May 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rachel Stockman and Meagan Tandy.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to We Are The World by USA for Africa.
In UK Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears was in the top 5 hits.
Girls Just Want to Have Fun, directed by Alan Metter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Proof by Dick Francis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Las amazonas.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boffin or The Legend of Kage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1985 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Rachel Stockman: American noted family, the first child of Budget Director David A. Stockman, 6 lbs.
- Meagan Tandy: TV Actress.
- Ezequiel Lavezzi: Soccer Player.
- Alan Powell: Rock Singer.
- Danila Kozlovsky: Movie Actor.
- Date of $5 million check in View to a Kill
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Animotion - Obsession
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- Commodores - Nightshift
- Don Henley - All She Wants To Do Is Dance
- Sade - Smooth Operator
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?